- This event has passed.
What Is Homelessness On The Mornington Peninsula?
Homelessness is an issue that impacts our whole Mornington Peninsula Community, but most of us don’t really understand how.
This forum brings together the voices of those experiencing homelessness, battling with housing affordability, and experts working on the frontline who are assisting and advocating for those in these circumstances.
Did you know that every night, over 2,600 people are without secure accommodation on the Mornington Peninsula, and numbers are increasing at an alarming rate.
Attending the forum will help bury myths, facilitate stories, and be a place to discuss the impact homelessness has on the whole community.
Join us for this free event – the first of three public community forums, where we build on our knowledge so we can empower our community and drive solutions.
Our speakers on the night will be:
• Laura Sutton, Case Manager, Housing and Homelessness Program, Western Port Community Support
• Rosalyn Franklin, SP Housing Justice and Advocacy, Mornington Peninsula SC
• Darren Rooth, Team Leader Homelessness Peninsula, Salvation Army
• Gemma Bell, Team Leader, Fusion Mornington Peninsula
• Kara Van Der Heyde, Homelessness Outreach Worker, Southern Peninsula Community Support, and
• Bill Faulkner, Community Health RN, Bolton Clarke.
We will also hear from several individuals who have experienced homelessness and the systems it works within for a first-person perspective.
Our facilitator for the evening will be Ben Smith, CEO Mornington Community Information and Support Centre.